Nexus is a creative design and marketing agency based in Irvine. We provide web, print and marketing services across a large spectrum of industries. Working with companies large and small, our aim is to deliver services that make our clients businesses visible, helping them to grow.
The team at Nexus is a small, friendly and creative group of people who work together to deliver creative solutions that work for our clients.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Nexus team as a web designer, working alongside our existing team to create modern, vibrant websites. You would be working on a wide range of web based projects on a daily basis.
Daily tasks will include the creation of new websites, updating existing sites, editing of images and graphics for web use within WordPress. So an understanding of this software is essential.
A good knowledge of using a range of digital marketing channels such as social media networks, email marketing, CPC campaigns and paid advertising would be expected.
Although not a requirement for the position experience using the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator would be helpful. Experience in developing WordPress plugins, PHP, MySQL and Unix would also be advantageous.
This position is for someone who has experience as a web designer. While commercial experience is preferred we would consider someone with other relevant experience.
The successful candidate should be energetic, enthusiastic and have the ability to produce written content to a very high standard. You must be able to work in a busy office environment as part of a team, have a helpful and friendly attitude towards colleagues and be able to work to a deadline under pressure.
If you are interested in becoming part of an energetic, creative team then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. You should include at least one example of a web project that you have produced.
Duties would include:-
- Using WordPress to create websites based on a design brief.
- Creating websites based on designs produced by team members.
- Create mobile / tablet responsive layouts for websites.
- Carrying out search engine optimisation tasks on websites.
- Managing digital marketing campaigns to support members of the team.
- Optimising graphics and images so they are suitable for web use.
- Carrying out browser compatibility checks and apply fixes.
- Meet with clients both in and outside of the company office.
- Write content to be added to the website.
- Creating and Managing Websites using WordPress
- Excellent Reading and Writing Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Friendly Telephone Manner
- CSS – Cascading Style Sheets
- Photoshop / Illustrator Preferable
Nexus is based within Irvine town centre, North Ayrshire
Hours / Wages
14 Hours Per Week. 9am to 5pm. Days of the Week Flexible. Additional hours available during busy periods. Opportunity to develop into full time position.
Employment Start Date
We are looking for a successful candidate to start work as soon as possible.